Tuesday, August 09, 2011

New Contract, New Series!


I've signed a new contract with Samhain Publishing! Woohoo!

Sam's Promise is the first of a five book series and I'm really excited about it.
This one releases December 14th.

Blackwater series, book one
The restaurant might be his legacy, but she’s his future…  

And here's a small excerpt:


“Thank you for a wonderful evening.”


Julie’s soft voice floated down his spine like a gentle kiss. As they stood at her front door, her big eyes staring up at him, Sam knew he had no right to be perturbed by the fact that she wasn’t inviting him in. He was left wondering if he should kiss her or simply play it off. Like the date was nothing more than a thank-you as he’d said it would be. He felt awkward, damn it. Hell, he wasn’t a damn teenager anymore.


“You’re welcome.” Not what he wanted to say, but he wasn’t sure of Julie. She had a sharp wit, and she was kind—to everyone. Even their waiter had been enraptured by her. It made Sam wonder if she saw him any differently than a casual acquaintance. Somewhere along the line, he’d decided he wanted to be anything but casual with Julie.


“I hope it was worth the work you’ll have to do on your friend’s car.”


“Well worth it.” Shit, they’d been reduced to small talk.


She sighed and turned around, then pressed her key into the lock. After Julie had the door open, she turned to him. “Look, I don’t know what to do here. My dating days have been pretty limited. I don’t want you to think I’m a prude for not inviting you in, but I don’t want to appear too…easy if I asked you in for a nightcap. And to top it all off, I have no idea if this is still just a thank-you date. So basically I’m a fish out of water here.”


Her rushed speech and the fact she was nervous made Sam feel a shitload better. They were both thrown for a loop, it seemed. “This whole thing is new ground for you, huh?”


“Very new. Like brand-spanking new. So new it’s still sealed in cellophane.”


He chuckled. “How about we leave the decision up to me, then?”


She bit her lip. “What do you mean?”


He planted his fist against the doorjamb and asked, “May I come in for a cup of coffee, Miss Rose?”


Her gaze narrowed. “First, Miss Rose makes me sound like a sad, old woman with thirty cats to keep her company. Second, just coffee?”


“Unless you have lemon merengue pie to go with it.” He tapped her on the nose. “Do you?”


He watched as all the nervousness seemed to evaporate. “No pie, but I do have some chocolate chip cookies.”


“Sounds good to me.” She nodded and smiled finally, much to Sam’s relief, then opened the door. Sam followed her into the condo and shut the door behind him.


more info to come soon!


A Little Bit Naughty--out now!
http://annerainey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment